History of the World According to My Students at BMCC and Long Island University Brooklyn: 2007-???
History of the Universe
1) Big Bang Theory: “In theory, the world started with a “Big Bang” and soon afterward history started to unfold itself until what we have today, the modern world.”
1) Alexandria: city founded by Alexander the Great. In the city Alexandria people all over the Greek city-states would come for athletic sports which took place in the Roman Colosseum. The events that took place were track, wrestling, battles of the gladiators. . .(2007)
2) Alexandria: well known for its cults, museums and the library of Alexandria, which held more than a million book scrolls by 750 B.C.E. (419 years prior to being founded). (2007)
3) Athens: Athens was a city-state where you can express your feelings and draw paintings.(2007)
4) Epicureans: believed in pleasuring themselves.(2007)
5) Egyptian Pyramids: on how they were built. . . “People were huge back then. This is what I know.” (2007)
6) On Hinduism: every individual. . .dedication to the gods and reverence to the scared cattle."
7) On Sparta: "At the stage of 9-13 years old, it was at this time that that they learned to use guns."
1) Mecca: “Mecca holds many important roles—all people who pray must castrate themselves facing Mecca, a practice highlighting its importance.” (2007)
2) Mecca: “is a holy land where Christians go to pray.”
3) Monasticism: “Monks dedicated all their time to pleasuring God.”(2003)
4) Crusades: “The prospect of being absolved from any sin committed served as an ailment, and a very strong one at that.” (2007)
5) Crusades: “The Crusades. . .began with the intention of getting rid of Christianity and torturing everyone who believed it. The Turks and the Byzantine Empire were two of the main groups involved in eliminating the Christian religion.” (2007)
1) The Great Wall of China was built to protect China from the Mongols. . .among other reasons it worked to prevent China's enemies from launching any bombs, conventional or nuclear into the country. . .(2009)
1) “Our country, America, has many different symbols that represent who we are. The Bald Eagle represents courage, strength, freedom and immorality.” (2007)
2) Supreme Court: “[The Supreme Court] Judges are serving lifetime sentences…” (2004)
3) On making the U.S.A. better: “If we had stopped slavery, racism, womanizing, and hating one another, we could have been an even greater country.” (2004)
4) On Slavery: "They knew exactly that it wasn't going to be possible to live without salve." (2005)
5) Founding Fathers: Virgin Territory
“State of Vagina by Mr. Thomas Jefferson expressly declared in its Constitution that the three Departments ought not to be intermixed.” (2005)
6) On the Constitution: “Without the Bill if Rights we would not have the First Amendment.” (2005)
7) On Democracy: American Republican Democracy is a democracy ruled by American Republicans. (2005)
8) On Slavery in U.S. and England: “The British did not wanted to waste their money buying these slaves so thas when they decided to hire servants for a certain amount of years. After the Bacon Rebellion this servant were demanding land so teh British did not like teh idea of giving up their land and started buying slaves instead. This slaves did not have no were to stay so they stood with their owners.”
9) Great Depression: “The economy skyrocketed straight into a depression.”(2007)
10) On the American West late 19th century: “Life in the American West changed from 1850-1890. . .Railroad expansion and influx of immigrants had created a new corporate America, leaving farmers nearly extinct. . .”(2007)
11) Too much information at once: “The American revolution was the home front of slavery. The revolution was a horrible era with violence and death between masters and slaves, settlers, and Indians, and patriots and loyalists. With all of the mess going on we were still able to combine, realizing that they were a whole. In the American revolution there was conflict between British colonies. All of the animosity led to the revolution.”
12) On the Constitution: The primary source to the construction of the Constitution was the Committee of Style who input the “elegance and concise of the document.”
13) On the Conquest of the West: “During this time period [1890s] came along cowgirls and prostitutes"
14) On race relations: “Just as the government employs all white people, they should be able to do the same for the blacks as well”
15) U.S. as a Superpower: “The U.S emerged from WW II as an international super power because they were victorious in the Spanish American War. An open door policy was called for which would allow all nations equal trading”
16) U.S. Constitution: “Before the Constitution was passed America was a very unorganized place. People were being slaughtered and enslaved. Wars were happening on a daily basis. Many conflicts between Native Americans and settlers. To put an end to some of the problems, the colonists set up the Constitution. They also set up governments and amendments for people to have more rights and better ways of living.” (2007)
17) On the Northern US during the period 1865-1890:The North became full of immigrants. Also child diseases spread fast. It was just sloppy living there. overcrowded.
18) The Bill of Rights was written to protect the citizens from being violated by the government. (2009)
1) Benito Juarez: “He was a general with a long sword.” (2007)
2) Columbian Exchange: “The Columbian Exchange was the exchanging of goods or merchandise from Columbia to other countries.” (2007)
3) Columbian Exchange: "The Columbian Exchange was when Spain was exchanging with the Europeans. Since Spain didn't have any spices or sugars so they went to look for it and traded with the Europeans."
1) The mindless, parasitic, Democrat voter and politician will:
1. bankrupt the US economy with gov't freebees, waste, and debt.
2. create 10x longer health care waits and lines.
3. teach America's schoolchildren homosexual sodomy (little Johnny has 2 daddies). 4. undermine the US military which makes it easier for terrorists to attack
Americans. Check out this brainwashing video by KGB defector Yuri
Bezmenov: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x32cxf_yuri-bezmenov. Jim,
I invite you to debate.
It's time to restore the true law, conscionable law.
2) On Obama's recent election:
"For example, on November 4th 2008 the first African American President was elected to be presentiment of the United States. Osama being elected was because of his knowledge not because of his race."