Honors’ Freshman Sequence
HHI 21: Identity: Self in the World
Friday, September 11, 2009
Judge and Langdon, Connections; A World History
Chap. 1 “The Emergence of Human Societies”
1) What makes humans different from other animals?
2) Where is the origin of modern humans (homo sapiens)?
3) What was early agriculture like? Where did it arise? What was its importance?
4) What types of human socities developed?
5) What is necessary for the development of complex societies?
Johnson, Sources of World Civilization, Vol. 1
pp. ix-x, 1-4.
1) What constitutes a civilization?
2) Where did the first great human civilizations develop?